Saturday 21 July 2012

Presentation at Benoni Van Ryn club

Since returning to the UK the team have been very busy getting back into our normal routines and catching up on work... but have not forgotten what a wonderful and life changing trip we have just been on! We are all so very thankful to Rotary for what they have given us with some great memories for life.

After departing from the team on the 24/6/2012 at Tambo International airport in Johannesburg I had just over a weeks stay with my aunty and uncle who live outside Johannesburg. I grew up with my family near where they live until I was 9 years old. It was a great opportunity to see some old familiar places, such as my school, town and also meeting up with old school friends who I had not seen for 15 years!

I also had got in contact with Benoni Van Ryn Rotary club (through David Conroy from Brit Valley club) before leaving the UK and organised to do a presentation whilst I was there.
The club meet every Thursday evening at the Benoni County Club and that is where I meet them on the 28/6/2012.
Secretary Colin Hornton
President Patsy Gatonby
The evening happened to be celebrating the clubs 40th year, so I felt honoured to be part of it. I met President Patsy Gatonby, and Secretary Colin Hornton and some of the other members such as Wade, Neil, Norman, Jean and Robyn. It seemed a very nice club and it was interesting to share the link with the club about me previously living in Benoni and how I have returned through the GSE trip. It felt strange to do the presentation on my own as I had done the last 14 with the GSE team (I missed you guys!). I hope to keep in contact with the club and thanks again for the lovely dinner and for letting me join your meeting.

Presented with the Benoni Van Ryn banner
Wonderful pudding! Sorry team this is what you missed out on!!




No comments:

Post a Comment