Monday 25 June 2012

A blog from Bob


So, I had just sorted my packing case and hand luggage fine, when the District Governor presented me with a conch shell weighing over 5 kilos, whoops!!
Anyway, a lovely gesture and our final DISCON 9210 dinner last night was excellent, good food and wine, entertainment of power cuts and faulty microphones, which kept the speeches short. Had problems prising the team away from their friends, hosts and the American GSE team but in the end we got away by midnight, not without a few tears, back to our hosts and packing. It will take all of us a few weeks to assimilate what we have seen and done! We have scheduled a meeting to review what we have learned and some potential rotary community projects that the district may want to take up.
My last blog (maybe) but final words; it has been a privilege to lead such a great team of young professionals through 3 African countries.
Signing off
Dad!

1 comment:

  1. I have finally managed to get my Gmail account back into English!!! Apparently it was in Bulgarian

    Thank you so much for being a wonderful leader and Dad to us throughout this awesome journey!!!

    Cannot wait to see you all when we are all back in the UK, keep me posted with dates, details, meetings etc.

    Adele x

    ReplyDelete