Thursday 31 May 2012

Zambia so far....

Livingstone:
Livingstone was absolutely amazing. My highlights included visiting the Victoria Falls and getting absolutely SOAKED and then going on a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River; we saw a group of hippos (was is the collective noun for a group of hippos?) a large crocodile and a stunning sunset.
We stayed at a hotel the first night, which was nice and then Alice and I stayed with a ladt called Margarete the next night. On Monday morning we visited an orphanage (which we have already blogged about, so I won't go into too much detail), it was lovely to hang out with the kids - they all wanted to play with my hair!


Lusaka:
On Monday afternoon, we flew to Lusaka on a tiny 30-seater plane. It was an incredible experience (we felt everything!!). I was in charge of the emergency exit door, which was a great responsibility, but unfortunately (or fortunately) I didn't get chance to use it :(

The itinerary here has been really good (a little bit Africa time!!). I have been to visit several schools and we have given lots of presentations. Today, we visited a cultural visit, which was nice (but we were hassled a lot t buy things!). Tomorrow, we will catch a coach at 7am to Kitwe in the Copperbelt where we will stay until Tuesday. On Tuesday we will get a coach back to Lusaka to stay for one night (and celebrate the Jubilee) and then on Wednesday morning we will fly to Malawi.

Having an AMAZING time here, a lifetime experience. Ok, signing out now, will try and blog again soon.

Adele :) x


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures as ever.
    My schoolboy companion says collective noun for hippos is a BLOAT but you can use 'crash' or 'herd'. Talking of hippos - how the team leader?? Only joking!!
    Very much enjoying the blog - keep it up.
    When you get back and look at diaries I've pencilled in Monday 12th November for the team to give a presentation to Minehead Club. Thought I'd get in 1st. PDG David

    ReplyDelete